Pricing & Fees
On Kobento, it is free to create an account, to create a campaign, and to contribute to a campaign. Kobento only charges a fee for funds that are raised by a campaign.
Types of Fees
If you successfully raise money on Kobento, you may encounter the following types of fees:
1. Kobento fee: Kobento's platform fee, which depends on whether or not you meet your goal
2. Third party fees for payment processors (such as PayPal or credit card processor)
3. International wire fee: A one-time international wire (for campaign owners only) and/or currency exchange fees
4. Contributors may be charged additional international processing fees:
If your credit card is based inside Singapore, and you contribute to a campaign outside Singapore, you may be subject to an additional international processing fee from your credit card issuer even though the currency of the campaign is in Singapore Dollar. We have seen some smaller banks and credit unions charge international processing fees of around 3%.
· All fees are applied to the amount of funds raised
· All PayPal fees are approximate.
The exact amount depends on your country and the amount of funds raised. For more information on PayPal fees, please visit PayPal Fees. International or cross-border transactions may be charged additional fees by PayPal for currency exchange, e.g. Transaction Fees for Cross-Border Payments. For a complete breakdown of PayPal's payment processing fees based on your account type and region, we recommend reaching out to PayPal Support directly.
· Kobento offers two options for funding your campaign: Fixed Funding or Flexible Funding.
You will select your funding type when you set up your campaign. You can only edit this while your campaign is still in Draft mode. Fixed Funding is great for campaigns that can only continue if they raise a certain amount of money. Flexible Funding is great for campaigns that will benefit from any amount of funding. Each project is different, so choose the funding type that is best for your campaign.
Pricing & Fees